Friday, April 29, 2011

Never Ever

"Never ever have I ever felt so low
When you gonna take me out of this black hole?
Never ever have I ever felt so sad
The way I'm feeling yeah, you got me feeling really bad

Never ever have I had to find
I've had to dig away to find my own peace of mind
I've Never ever had my conscience to fight
The way I'm feeling, yeah, I just don't feel right

I'll keep searching, deep within my soul
For all the answers, don't wanna hurt no more
I need peace, got to feel at ease, need to be
Free from pain - going insane, my heart aches, yeah"
(McVey & Fiennes, 1997)


Tonight it will be a week. A week since we last communicated. It has been a very painful week for me. Reality has soaked in like a spilled cup of hot coffee, and I am still trying to clean up the mess. I do miss him terribley, but I don't miss the arguing or fighting or the feeling like I'm not good enough. Or the doubt. So much doubt...

The good news is that I have been strong, and despite my heart telling me that it didn't care what he did or why, my brain and pride got the majority vote with a loud, resounding, "Oh, hell no!" I also have a wonderful friend who has listened to me vent about how much I miss him in exchange for me not contacting him, which has been a big help because sometimes all you really need is someone to hear you. I also owe a lot of my getting through this to him not attempting to contact me, and just firmly letting me go. So many times when we tried to walk away before, I would crumble under his attempts to keep me in his life. I didn't have the strength to stay away from his open arms. But, by saying goodbye and turning away, he gave me the thing I needed the most; my power. I have been able to grasp it and start to build on it again, and hopefully soon I will feel a way I haven't felt in nearly a year now, and that is confident.

The mourning will end soon, and I am eager to see what kind of person I become again. I am hoping I gained some wisdom from this painful year, and I am able to open my heart again but at the same time be smarter about it. I do wish him all the best, and I know a part of me will always love him dearly and miss the beautiful moments we shared in an otherwise stormy relationship, but I also know the best thing he ever did for me was give me goodbye.

So, goodbye my lover, and welcome back to my sanity...

~Jen